- What is mobile home?
- Mobile home vs. modular homes
- What is mobile home insurance?
- What does mobile home insurance cover?
- Top 10 mobile home insurance companies in Florida
- Why do I need mobile home insurance?
- How much does mobile home insurance cost?
What Is a Mobile Home?
A mobile home or manufactured home is different than a traditional home. It is a four-walled structure that is made in a factory and then delivered to buyers to live in. It is moveable because it has wheels underneath it. You can remove the wheels or get it built on a slab for safekeeping. While getting mobile home insurance in Florida, , keep one thing in mind that the more “secured to the ground” a mobile home is, the more insurable it is.
Mobile Homes vs. Modular Homes
Mobile Homes can be moved around because they have wheels in their base.
Modular homes are also built inside a factory, like mobile houses. But they are brought to a permanent location in chunks and pieces. It is on-site that they are assembled.
A modular home can, however, sometimes, be termed as a manufactured home, and sometimes as a site-built home.
What Is Mobile Home Insurance?
A mobile home insurance policy is just like a standard homeowner’s insurance policy. Having said that, there are few differences note-worthy that make mobile home insurance unique.
- Mobile homes are transported after they are built-in factory. Therefore, the material used in their construction has to be different than site-built homes. Because these houses have to be lightweight, however, lighter materials can be damaged easily. A mobile home insurance company in Florida takes this into account before insuring a home.
- Most of the time, mobile homes are simply placed into place. They are not built on a foundation. This makes them vulnerable to natural disasters. They can be damaged more quickly than the on-site houses.
Insurance companies in Florida treat mobile home insurance differently from other home policies. The risks in mobile home insurance are different, and the coverage should include those areas which could provide relief to mobile homeowner.
What Does Mobile Home Insurance Cover?
Mobile home insurance coverage in Florida starts with the three essential areas that any homeowner should have:
- Property coverage: In the event of a fire or natural disaster, this coverage protects you from significant losses.
- Liability coverage: If someone files a claim or lawsuit because of getting hurt in your home, this coverage protects that.
- Contents coverage: In case of theft or damage because of natural disasters, this coverage protects your belongings.
The value of your home and its contents decide the amount of coverage.
Top 10 Mobile Home Insurance Companies in Florida
Here is a list of 10 most reliable mobile home insurance companies in Florida which offer excellent coverage plans.
- Tower Hill
- American Integrity
- Cabrillo Coastal / Safe Harbor
- American Modern
- American Reliable
- American traditions insurance
- Foremost insurance
- Florida specialty insurance
Why Do I Need Mobile Home Insurance?
Whenever you take out a loan to purchase property, the lenders need some kind of assurance in the insurance. This insurance covers you in hard times; it shields them from hitting rock bottom. So it is a win-win situation for everyone.
The uncontrollable factors, such as bad weather, hurricane, fire, earthquake, etc., can hit your property and damage it significantly. Without a coverage plan, the only option available to you is to start rebuilding.
Also, there exists a liability phenomenon very much. If anyone gets hurt while he is on your property, you’re liable for what happens to them. If someone gets injured in your house premises, and he decides to sue you for the medical expenses, in the absence of a coverage plan, you will have to pay for it out of your pocket. Liability coverage protects you in such situations.
How Much Does Mobile Home Insurance Cost?
The cost of the premium for mobile home insurance in Florida depends on several factors. If you live somewhere, that can be a flood or hurricane target, and you will have to add flood coverage to your policy. This can raise the cost of coverage.
In general, the mobile home’s worth is much less than a small-family cottage. Resultantly, the cost of insuring it is way too less.
To know the best deal in Florida for Mobile Home Insurance, you can contact CompareAQuote. They can find out the ideal home insurance plan for you as per your requirements. After getting a quote from all home insurance companies in Florida, they will ballpark a figure suitable for your insurance needs.
Who has the best mobile home insurance in Florida?
How much does it cost to cover mobile homes in Florida?
The cost of mobile home insurance in Florida depends on location of your dwelling and how prone it is to disasters such as floods, hurricanes, etc.